Know what Albert Einstein’s last words were?
Well neither do I.
The night nurse present at Einstein‘s death on April 18th, 1955 didn’t speak German so no one knows.
The great Humphrey Bogart’s last words were:
“I should never have switched from scotch to martinis”.
Bogart died on January 14th, 1957.
Here are some more famous last words:
(Click on the word “Died” for pictures).
“That was a great game of golf fellers!”
– Bing Crosby (Singer & Actor: Died October 14th, 1977).
“That was the best ice-cream soda I ever tasted!”
– Lou Costello (Comedian. Died March 3rd, 1959).
“Why do you weep? Did you think I was immortal?”
– Louis XIV (King of France: Died September 1st, 1715).
“I knew it. I knew it! Born in a hotel room-and Goddamn it!-Died in a hotel room”.
– Eugene O’Neill (Writer: Died November 27th, 1953).
“They couldn’t hit an elephant at this dist…”
Killed in battle during the U.S. Civil War.
– General John Sedgwick (Commander: Died May 19th, 1864).
“Either that wallpaper goes, or I do”.
– Oscar Wilde (Writer: Died November 30th, 1900).
“Damn it…Don’t you dare ask God to help me”.
To her housekeeper, who had begun to pray aloud.
– Joan Crawford (Actress: Died May 10th, 1977).
“I am not the least afraid to die”.
– Charles Darwin (Naturalist: Died April 19th, 1882).
“I’ve had eighteen straight whiskies…I think that’s the record”.
– Dylan Thomas (Poet: Died November 9th, 1953).
“It’s very beautiful over there”.
– Thomas Edison (Inventor: Died October 18th, 1931).
“I have offended God and mankind because my work did not reach the quality it should have”.
– Leonardo da Vinci (Artist: Died May 2nd, 1519).
“God will pardon me, that’s his line of work”.
– Heinrich Heine (Poet: Died February 15th, 1856).
“Let’s cool it brothers…”
Spoken to his assassins who shot him 16 times.
– Malcolm X (Black Leader: Died February 21st, 1965).
“Go on, get out. Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough”.
– Karl Marx (Revolutionary: Died March 14th, 1883).
“God bless…God damn”.
– James Thurber (Humourist: Died November 2nd, 1961).
“Go away, I’m all right”.
– H. G. Wells (Novelist: Died August 13th, 1946).
“Friends applaud, the comedy is finished”.
– Ludwig van Beethoven (Composer: Died March 26th, 1827).
“Don’t let it end like this. Tell them I said something”.
– Pancho Villa (Mexican Revolutionary: Died July 20th, 1923).