Remember that bit in “The Godfather” where Clemenza’s cooking spaghetti sauce and he says to Michael Corleone:
“Come over here kid, learn something”.
“You never know, you might have to cook for 20 guys someday”.
Well, I dunno about 20 guys but this recipie will serve 8 to 10 people.
“Clemenza’s Spaghetti Sauce”.
* 2 Table spoons of olive oil
* 2-4 cloves garlic, chopped
* 2 Large cans of chopped tomatoes.
* Tomato paste.
* 3-4 Italian sausages (Grilled & sliced).
* 1 lb Of cooked meatballs.
* 1/4 Cup of sugar.
* Red wine.
* Heat the oil over medium heat in a large pot.
* Add the garlic and cook for a few minutes (Don’t let the garlic burn).
* Add the tomatoes and tomato paste.
* Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring continuously so that a relatively smooth consistence is reached.
* Add the sausages and meatballs and stir until the meat is coated.
* Add a splash of red wine, then the sugar according to taste.
* Reduce the heat to medium-low and let simmer for a minimum of 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
* Serve by ladling over cooked pasta